Time Garden Magical Journey Coloring Book by Daria Song
Hi coloring lovers!. Parents have tried to do the best for kids until grown up. We know that kids are not able to explore their creativity, so guardians need to select for suitable materials. We are providing educational entertainment for all ages that is not only fun but help them to improve their focus and anti-stress. This is a dazzlingly beautiful coloring book, namely The Time Garden created by Daria Song. The Time Garden: A Magical Story and Coloring Book will sweep you away into a whimsical cuckoo clock–inspired world.
“The Time Garden” is the color book representation of a young girl’s journey through a magical clock. She follows a fairy into the clock and enters into a wonderful world. The story reminds me of an updated version of “Alice In Wonderland”. The story is told in a few short words on a smattering of pages. The words do not distract from the illustrations as they are kept to their separate pages.
The illustrations are charming and will be a pleasure to color. We feel really enjoy the story book form of coloring book as a change from straight coloring. You will find both to be extremely relaxing and sometimes the most challenging are the ones that take out of daily stress the most.
Journey through the doors of a mysterious cuckoo clock into its inky innerworkings to discover a magical land of clock gears, rooftops, starry skies, and giant flying owls—all ready for you to customize with whatever colors you can dream up.
Daria Song is an illustrator and artist from Seoul, Korea. She has received advanced degrees in fine arts in her native South Korea. Winner of the Kyung Hyang Arts Contest, Song has a master’s degree in fiber arts and has exhibited at numerous galleries and museums in Korea, Singapore, Turkey, and Hong Kong. She spent five years of her childhood in San Francisco, California, before returning to Korea, and the sense of wonder and mystery that comes from living in a far-off place inspired The Time Garden, an adult coloring book. She also launched the other coloring books such as The Time Chamber Coloring Book and The Night Voyage Coloring Book.
The Time Garden features extra-thick craft paper, ideal for non bleed-through coloring, and the jacketed cover with flaps is removable and colorable. Special gold-foil stamping on the cover and spine and a To/From page make it perfect for gifting to adults and kids alike.
This is a very well made coloring book with a magical story theme, we follow a little girl on her journey to find the doorway to her home, after she is transported into a fantasy world within an ancient cuckoo clock by a red haired fairy (Note: the fairy is not in the book on any pages) and the story lines are located in two paragraphs at the beginning of the book and on sentences on only 4 pages at the end of the book
The illustrations follow the little girl who is in every design starting and ending within her house, we follow her through doorways that lead into worlds including a steam punk world filled with gears, on to village streets filled with architectural pictures, then to a world filled with stars, and to the garden with 3 double paged images like the cover picture.
Specifications of Time Garden Coloring Book
- The book is printed on both sides of the good quality paper which seems to be the normal for the “story book” style of coloring book.
- 42 illustrations printed front and back of each page, on bright white, card stock type paper.
- This is a square book (9 7/8” x 9 7/8”) with a removable and colorable book cover.
- 20 of the illustrations are double paged, perfect for me to spend quality time with the grandchildren coloring the same picture.
- It is difficult to get this book to lie flat for coloring, but the binding is strong and by bending the book backwards it will lie almost flat, the double paged pictures are printed through the binding and it is a bit difficult to color the center.
- Illustrations include: 9 architectural, 3 with leaves , the rest vary and include gears with a steam punk influence, balloons, backgrounds filled with stars, a collage of kitchen utensils, scenes within the house, plus more.