Olympic Rio 2016 Coloring Pages
Olympic Games are leading international sporting competitions featuring summer and winter sports competitions in which thousands of athletes from around the world participate with more than 200 countries that join for participating. The Olympic Games are held every four years, with the Summer and Winter Games alternating by occurring every four years but two years apart. In 2016, Olympic Games was held in Rio, Brazil.
The goal of the Olympic is to contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport practised without discrimination or any kind, in a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.
The Olympic Movement is defined also by the numerous activities in which it engages, such as:
- Promoting sport and competitions through the intermediary of national and international sports institutions worldwide.
- Cooperation with public and private organisations to place sport at the service of mankind.
- Assistance to develop “Sport for All”.
- Advancement of women in sport at all levels and in all structures, with a view to achieving equality between men and women.Help in the development of sport for all.
- Opposition to all forms of commercial exploitation of sport and athletes.
- The fight against doping.
- Promoting sports ethics and fair play.
- Raising awareness of environmental problems.
- Financial and educational support for developing countries through the IOC institution Olympic Solidarity.